Does castor oil for eyelashes work? It is widely assumed that the stature of lashes makes your eyes look gorgeous. But not everybody is fortunate to have them. For those who missed out of having such beautiful eyelashes, there are many natural remedies capable of letting you achieve it. For instance, Castor oil is found to be effective in growing and thickening eyelashes. It is also capable of preventing them from breaking and can also trigger the growth of eyelashes at places where they are not present in abundance.
In this current world, people are ready to spend any amount of money on cosmetic products for achieving beautiful thick eyelashes. Among them, one of the most widely accepted method is using Mascaras; they are adored by most of the women since they are capable of providing beauty on eyes in quick time. But these artificial methods won’t work for prolonged periods. So, if you want to achieve attractive eyelashes, choose an effective natural alternative rather than spending on artificial products.
- 1 Nutrients present in Castor Oil for eyelashes
- 2 Castor Oil for Eyelashes
- 3 Castor Oil for Eyelashes and Eyebrows
- 4 Castor Oil for Eyelashes Does it Work
- 5 Castor Oil for Eyelashes Side Effects
- 6 Castor Oil for Eyelashes Before and After
- 7 Can Castor Oil Make you Blind
- 8 Is Castor Oil Safe for Eyes
Nutrients present in Castor Oil for eyelashes
Castor oil is comprised of vitamin E, minerals, proteins and antibacterial properties. Apart from that they are also rich in triglyceride variant of fatty acids. All these properties make castor oil an effective healing agent as they have a wide range of health benefits. Enhancing the growth of eyelashes is just one among them.
Castor oil strengthens and hydrates the eyelashes and thereby providing an environment that allows eyelashes to grow without a problem. The wide range of benefits offered by castor oil is what makes them an easily acceptable choice among many people who are critical about their bad smell and taste. Many people believe that routine usage of castor oil has incredibly improves the quality of their eyelashes.
Impact of Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Castor oil is packed with nutrients; hence they are extensively used for the treatment of problems caused largely due to the lack of nutrition. It is a well-known anti-inflammatory product with effective mechanisms. The fact that they can naturally moisturize and rehydrate the area where it is applied makes it easy for the eyelashes to grow quickly. Castor oil for eyelashes makes them capable of penetrating deep into the skin and work from the inside out.
Best time to apply Castor oil on Eyelashes
It is good to apply castor oil on to the baseline of your eyelashes. So while applying you should make sure that you are not over using it. It is always recommended to use some tools which can aid you on this purpose. The best solution for this will be to use an Eyeliner Brush.
The best time to apply castor oil is at night, preferably couple of hours before bed time. While it is perfectly fine to use them during day time, there is a big advantage in applying them at night as this allows more time to saturate and start the process which aids in growing eyelashes. Care must be taken so as to avoid them from getting in contact with the eyes and in case it happens, you must wash your eyes immediately as this may cause extreme irritations.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Eyelashes frame your eyes, flutter every time you blink and are one of the most underrated yet important features on your face. Most girls use mascara to make them look more defined, fuller and darker because after all, we all love that big dopey eyed, fluttery eyelash look. Unfortunately not all of us are lucky enough to be born with naturally gorgeous long lashes. There is still an option is you were not lucky.
Why You Should Use Castor Oil for Eyelashes
There is a huge range of eyelash growth products out there that will help you grow covetously long, thick lashes. Therefore why should you try a humble home remedy like castor oil?
- Apart from the fact that it will save your cash, castor oil has been found to be super effective when it comes getting longer, thicker eyelashes. It can also help prevent breakage and even stimulate faster, healthier eyelash grown.
- Castor oil works by moisturizing and deeply hydrating dry, brittle and tired lashes, giving them the nourishment they need to grow to their full length and height and making it easy for new lash growth to come through.
- Because castor oil is actually jammed packed with fantastic nutrients that promote natural lash growth. This thick oil is rich in fatty acids, antioxidants and proteins that help strengthen your lashes and create a naturally full lash line.
- By applying castor oil on eyelashes, you allow the nutrients found in castor oil to soak into your lashes and your eyelash hair follicles. You can help turn dry lashes on the verge of falling out into smooth, healthy and clearly defined ones.
If you want to use the best castor oil for your eyelashes, go for the organic– as it is going near your eyes so you want the purest stuff possible.
Does Castor Oil Grow Eyelashes?
Castor oil can provide deep nourishment for your lashes, but some people are still curious and ask if castor oil does help eyelashes grow long. We will let you decide, after you have covered the whole of this post. Am sure you will go for it.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes and Eyebrows
Castor oil is often overlooked for its benefits for the skin and hair because of its extremely thick and sticky consistency. However, if you are looking for a cheap, natural remedy for several common skin and hair complaints, then castor oil is definitely worth your time.
Castor oil for growing and thickening hair, eyelashes and eyebrows
Castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid. This acid is a very effective natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. This can help keep any fungus or bacteria from inhibiting eyelash and eyebrows growth. Since the oil is also very thick, it may help to prevent hair loss simply by helping to coat the hair and protect it from falling out.
Castor oil is also high in omega 9 fatty acids, which are nourishing to the hair and the follicle, as well as the surrounding skin. Castor oil has a unique ability to be deeply penetrating, and this helps it to deliver its nourishment deeply into the pores and the follicles that produce hair. It also has a high gloss, so it lends a lush glossiness and shine to the hair. A little goes a long way, and it is best to only add a tiny bit to the very ends of your hair instead of putting it up near the scalp if you’re just looking for a natural hair smoother.
Simply put about two drops on your hands and rub, then smooth through the ends. If you use too much, there is a fine line between subtle shine and a heavy greasiness so go very light until you figure out the amount that works right for your hair type.
If you’re looking to regrow the eyelash, eyebrows and hair on your head, you can use castor oil as a scalp treatment. However it can be tricky to get on the scalp without thinning it out with lighter oil. You can add some melted coconut oil, apricot kernel oil or another lighter oil to help get it spreadable enough.
If you’re simply looking to help thicken hair that is thinning at the edges of your hairline, you can use pure castor oil, with a light hand of course. Another use is to apply the oil to eyelashes to help thicken and strengthen them, as well as to help prevent thinning and shedding.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Does it Work
Castor oil is amazing and natural oil that can do so many things. Its herbal functions have been used since ancient times. It is a natural vegetable oil obtained from a castor bean. It can be used in food, medicine and even in beauty products. The benefits of castor oil seem to be endless at this point.
Castor oil is known to be a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial product. It also naturally moisturizes and rehydrates an area of your body once it is applied directly to it. Because of the low molecular mass of the castor oil, it can reach into the smallest of pores and deepest of follicles.
Castor oil may also act as a natural makeup remover since it does such a good job in reaching the deepest of pores to remove dirt and makeup. The magic of castor oil lies in the fact that its uses are so varied.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes
Women who have used castor oil to improve the appearance of their lashes have not been disappointed. They have found that their lashes have become longer and thicker as a result of using this miracle oil. The great thing about it is; you’re working with your natural lashes. Not falsies. Not eyelash extensions. Those beautiful, strong and healthy lashes you see in your mirror are all your own.
How to Use Castor Oil
Using castor oil is incredibly easy. Just follow these simple steps to get thick, dark and long lashes.
- Dampen a q-tip with the castor oil (careful not to put too much on it) then apply the q-tip to the eyelash line as if you’re applying your eyeliner
- Do this every night before going to sleep
- In the morning, wash the castor oil off with warm water thoroughly
- Continue to do this for three to four weeks
- The last and most important step is to take your new red carpet ready lashes out for a spin!
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Side Effects
The greatness of castor oil has no doubt as the benefits it provides are exhaustively extensive. The oil has therapeutic properties and can be used externally on the body and as well as internally. However, as wide as its benefits may be, castor oil for eyelashes comes with its share of side effects. So want to know what castor oil side effects are? Sit back and give a read!
Besides gastrointestinal distress, there exist side effects of castor oil on skin too. Allergic reactions can occur on applying castor oil on your eyelashes and general skin as well. If rashes appear or there is redness of skin stop the use of the oil and seek medical attention.
Castor oil in moderate amounts is safe to use. However, if you begin to start feeling itchy after applying castor oil on your eyelash, it might be one of the oil’s side effects implying that you could be allergic to it.
Muscle cramps have also been identified as one of the side effects that could arise on using castor oil for massaging your body. Abdominal pains/cramps too are the result of an adverse reaction to castor oil.
Another possible and quite serious side effect of castor oil is the swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat. In such cases, immediate medical intervention is absolutely recommended.
Some people tend to faint or feel dizzy after ingesting too much of castor oil. Unusual weakness has been defined as one of the allergic reactions as a result of castor oil usage.
Loss of Nutrients
The long term intake of castor oil for a period of over a week may induce the loss of nutrients such as potassium, and it might also trigger fluid loss. The oil may prevent the digestion of some valuable nutrients and may lead to dehydration.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Before and After
As a lady, you definitely don’t want to miss out on those compliments about your cuteness, and having great eyebrows and eyelashes is just a plus. But what if you want them to grow thicker and healthier? Then castor oil might just be the remedy you are seeking. Here you will learn how to use castor oil for eyebrows and eyelashes to grow them longer and thicker.
Let’s admit it, how many times do we often find ourselves enviously staring at our friends’ eyebrows and eyelashes that appear to be in flawless shape or perhaps looking very healthy? Well, it has been proved that eyebrows help shape the face and thus having them in fine fettle adds to your general appeal. It is no surprise that the majority of us will go to great lengths to ensure that our brows and lashes achieve a great look.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Growth after use
If you found the benefits of this oil on your brows amazing, you might as well decide to try it out on your eyelashes as well. Typically, eyelashes are quite prone to breakages, and this is made worse if you rely on heavy cosmetics regularly. It might be thinning or even making them more brittle.
However, after use of castor oil, it has proved to enhance the lashes to grow fuller and even longer. You will find this oil a perfect remedy for your shortening or thinning lashes. In fact, this oil will also come in handy for those who naturally have few lashes altogether.
Can Castor Oil Make you Blind
Everything that is known for good things may have one or two negativities. However, there is something you should know about some oils. There is need to caution the use of castor oil without being keen for side effects. Castor oil can make you lose your eyesight. There are a number of reasons why you should not use it around your eyes.
Castor oil is too drying
Castor oil is popularly known to be an anti-toxin that draws out the impurities deep in our skin. This means that even though castor oil is oil, it will help with the removal of the other oils because it really sinks deep into the skin pores and draw out the dirt and grime to the surface.
As such, it can cause our skin to become too imbalance, devoid of its natural lipids. In fact, although many have reported good results using castor oil in the oil cleansing method, more have mentioned that their skin condition took a turn for the worse after using too much castor oil in their cleansing. Many have also pointed out that castor oil is just too drying for their skin.
Skin around our eyes is too delicate
It is true that some of you will argue that the amount of castor oil can always be in the cleansing oil mixture. Some people will say that it really depend with the type of the skin. All these arguments are not true. Someone with normal or oily skin may not experience any harm using castor oil at all.
But still, it is not a good idea to use it around the eyes in any amount. And the reason is this: the skin around our eyes is ten times thinner than the skin on our face and hence, more sensitive and requires more care
Temporary effects possible
While those of you who are using oil to remove makeup may find that it has no issue now, that doesn’t mean problems won’t creep up later. A lot of times the damage does not show up immediately but gets build up over a longer stretch. Since castor oil is widely known to dry out the skin, it is not really good to use it on the area around eyes
As for those who suggest that castor oil around the eyes can help reduce fine lines or wrinkles, I have to say that while there could be exceptions, most effects are temporary. I believe all oils applied on your face will minimize the look of fine lines and as for wrinkles, I don’t think they can be eradicated all that easily with any oil.
Is Castor Oil Safe for Eyes
In general it is not a good idea to put anything into the eyes that was not meant specifically for the eyes. As some of the other answers mention, some of these preparations may contain ingredients or contaminants that can cause harm to the eye. Even a slightly different pH even from castor oil can cause damage. The tear film does have a lipid oil component to it that comes from the Meibomian glands.
It is not really a problem to apply different oils or creams to the skin around the eyes as long as you don’t have any reaction to them. But avoid getting these into the eyes themselves.
Here are a few guidelines to follow in using castor oil:
- Careful not to put too much castor oil unto your lashes. When the q-tip starts to drip that’s how you know that you’re putting on way too much
- Avoid putting any castor oil in your eyes as this could cause irritation or puffiness in the morning
- When buying castor oil always make sure to use the all-natural refined version since other refined castor oils may contain other chemicals that may clash with the oil
- Be careful not to drip any amount of castor oil unto your clothing as it can stain. These stains are difficult to remove
- Make sure that you are not allergic to castor oil before using it on a sensitive area like your eyes. Doing a patch test can ensure that you will not have any allergic reaction to it
- If you have a pre-existing eye condition, it is best to put off the use of castor oil until it clears up
You May Also Like:
- How to Put on Fake Eyelashes, False, for Beginners, Individual, For First Time, without Glue, Side Effects
- Do Eyelashes Grow Back, if Cut, after Lash Extensions, Burnt, Pull them out, Fast, Longer, after Plucking
- How to Get Longer Eyelashes, Overnight, in 7 Days, 3, Thick, Back, Make Grow, with Vaseline, Coconut Oil
- Eyelash Mites, Symptoms, in Humans, Pictures, Mascara, Eyebrow, Causes, Treatment, Get Rid
- Ingrown Eyelash, growing into Eyelid, under Skin, for Style, on outside of Eyelid, Fix, Ingrown Hair
- How to Remove Eyelash Extensions, with Vaseline, Coconut Oil, Take off Fake at Home, Yourself, Removal Process, Cost
- Castor oil for eyelash growth: http://www.goodhealthacademy.com/health-benefits/castor-oil-for-eyelashes/
- How to apply castor oil to eyelashes: http://belashed.org/castor-oil-for-eyelashes/
- Castor oil for re-growing and thickening hair eyelash: http://fitlife.tv/castor-oil-is-great-for-thickening-and-regrowing-hair-eyelashes-and-eyebrows/
- Castor oil for re-growing eyelash: http://fitlife.tv/castor-oil-is-great-for-thickening-and-regrowing-hair-eyelashes-and-eyebrows/
- Does castor oil help grow back eyelash: https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/eyelash-care/lash-care-faqs/does-castor-oil-help-eyelashes-grow-back.html