What causes warts on face? Get insights on the causes, symptoms, pictures, removal, cream and best home remedy for warts.
Warts on Face Causes
Common warts on face are brought about by an infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV). More than 95 types of this virus exist, but only a few of them leads to warts on hands. Other types of HPV are likely to lead to warts on face, the feet and other areas of the skin and also the mucous membranes.
Most types of HPV leads to relatively harmless conditions like the common warts, while others can lead to very serious disease like cancer of the cervix.
You can obtain the warts from the skin-to-skin contact with people who have already been affected with the virus. If you have the warts on face, you can be able to spread the virus to other places on the body. You can get the wart virus indirectly through touching of something that another person’s wart has touched, like the towel or even an exercise equipment.
The virus normally spreads through breaks in the skin, like a hangnail or even a scrape. Biting the nails also can leads to warts to spread on the fingertips and also around the nails.
Each person’s immune system usually responds to the HPV virus very much differently, so not every other person who comes in contact with the virus develops warts.
How to get rid of Warts on Face
- Boost your immune system. Warts are brought about by a virus, so one of the best methods that can be used to do away with them is to boost the body’s ability to fight them. In fact, most people notice that the warts show up when they’re feeling tired, or even worn down. Make sure that you’re getting enough amount of sleep and exercising much more regularly, and use some of the potent immune boosters such as the astragalus, elderberry, vitamin C, turmeric, and also the cat’s claw.
- Stop the spread. Not only can the warts on face be passed from an individual to another, but you can also spread the warts around the body through touch. If you touch the wart, for example, and then touch another part of the body before washing of the hands, you might spread the virus, and see the new warts popping up many days later.
- Use pineapple. Use the fresh pineapple directly to the wart many times a day. The natural acids and also the enzymes will assist.
- Garlic. Mix some amount of fresh garlic with water and then apply the paste to the wart. Put a bandage on top of it. Re-apply after every few hours and then continue until the wart has disappeared.
- Baking powder. Mix some amount of baking powder and the castor oil into a paste, use to the wart at each night, and cover using a bandage. Repeat the process daily. You can also try the crushed, fresh basil in a similar way—or even mix the two together.
- Vitamins. Crush up the vitamin C tablet and then mix with water so as to make a paste. Apply to the wart and then cover using a bandage. You can also try to use vitamin E—break a capsule, rub on the wart, and then cover with a bandage.
- Aspirin. Use the vitamin C tablet—crush, add some water, use the paste to the wart, and then cover overnight. Repeat for many nights until it has disappeared.
- Tea tree oil. Use directly to the wart, then cover using a bandage. Repeat the process daily. You may also mix with clove or the Frankincense oils for an additional power.
- Bee propolis. Some of the people have found success using propolis directly to the wart several times a day. Or try even using at night and then covering until morning.
- Aloe vera. The one that is fresh from the actual plant is better. Break off a leaf and then rub the gel onto wart. Aloe has the malic acid. If you don’t have the aloe plant, get the purest form of aloe that you can find. Cover after a given application.
Warts on Face Home Remedy
The human papillomavirus (HPV) leads to warts. The virus is able to be picked up from another person, or can spread to another part of the body through the cuts or scratches.
There are several kinds of warts on face. The common includes, flat warts, and plantar warts. In most of the cases, warts tend to go away within a period of about 6 months to 3 years. But as they can be source of embarrassment, you can do away with them sooner by applying simple home remedies.
Garlic contains antiviral, antibacterial, as well as the antifungal properties that gets rid of the viral infections.
- Crush a garlic clove and use it on the affected skin area. Cover it using a bandage.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash the skin area thoroughly.
- Repeat the process twice daily for about 1 week. The caustic effect of the garlic will lead to the wart to blister and then fall off. Larger warts on face might take longer period to heal.
If you do not like the smell, then you can take garlic capsules for 2 times a day for 1 week.
- 2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also contains antiviral, antibacterial, and also the antifungal properties.
- Dilute three parts apple cider vinegar in 2 part water.
- Use the solution on the affected area by use of a clean cotton ball. Cover the area using a bandage or even a tape.
- Repeat the remedy for 2 weeks. Within 2 days, the warts can start turning black. Soon after, the warts on face can be able to fall off leaving a small mark that will slowly vanish.
- Vitamin C
Vitamin C is much acidic in nature and thus may assist wear the wart away and fight the virus in itself.
- Crush three vitamin C tablets in a bowl.
- Add a little amount of water and mix it to form a fine paste.
- Rub the paste on warts and then cover the area using a bandage. Initially it will lead to some burning sensation, but it can quickly disappear.
- Hot Water Soak
Soaking warts in slightly hot water can soften the warts on face and help them to heal faster. A hot water soak can also assist to fight and prevent infection. Plain hot water is very fine, but some of the white vinegar or even the Epsom salt can be added to make the treatment much effective.
Before following this remedy, slough the affected skin area with an emery board or pumice stone for best results. Also, make sure the water is not too hot to prevent burning your skin.
- Baking Soda
Because of the antiseptic and also the strong anti-inflammatory properties available in baking soda, it can assist to combat viruses that lead to the warts.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of the white vinegar using the baking soda so as to make a thick paste. Dab the paste on the warts twice a day (once in the morning and then once at night).
- You can as well mix baking soda and the castor oil together so as to form a paste. Use it to the wart and then cover the area using a bandage. Leave it on overnight and get rid of it the next morning. Repeat the process for many days, until the wart is gone.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is indicated for the anti-inflammatory properties that might be very effective in treatment of the warts on face.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera gel.
- Use the fresh aloe vera gel on the wart by use of a clean cotton ball. Then use a bandage to hold the cotton ball over the wart.
- Repeat the process at least 2 times daily for two weeks.
If you do not get an aloe vera gel at home, you can obtain aloe vera gel at the drug store and then rub it on the wart many times a day.
- Tree Tea Oil
Tea tree oil has very strong antiviral properties, therefore making it a very perfect natural ingredient to treatment of the warts.
- Tea tree oil is strong so dilute it using enough water or even the aloe vera gel before using it on affected skin area.
- Apply diluted tea tree oil on the warts many times during the day and at night before going to sleep.
The oil is much easily absorbed by the skin, so it can immediately fight the virus leading to the problem.
- Castor Oil
Pure cold-pressed castor oil is able to be used to cure several skin disorders, which includes the warts. The main component of the oil is ricinoleic acid, which is indicated to have the anti-inflammatory as well as the antibacterial properties. Castor oil works well on small, flat warts on face and also the back of the hands.
- Use castor oil on the warts many times a day. Make sure that the affected skin area is well soaked and also covered with the oil.
- Before going to sleep, soak a cotton ball in the castor oil and tape it over the wart. In the morning, clean the skin area and soak it in warm water for about 2 minutes. Then rub off the dead skin using a pumice stone.
- Repeat the process for about 3 days. The wart can become dark and slowly fall off.
- Banana Peel
Banana peels contains strong antioxidant properties that is able to successfully treat warts on face. The chemicals and also the oils that are in the banana peel can dissolve the wart and assist the immune system fight off the virus that brought it.
- Cut a small piece of banana peel and the tape it over the wart. Do this as much as you can and before going to sleep, leaving it on overnight. For better and faster results, use green banana peels rather than the peels from the ripe bananas.
- You can also be able to also rub the affected area gently using a fresh slice of banana. Depending on size and type of wart, you can also have to repeat the process for several days to several weeks.
Basil leaves contains antiviral, antibacterial as well as the anti-inflammatory properties that assists to treat warts more naturally.
- Simply crush some amount of fresh basil leaves gently and then rub the leaves on the warts. You may also place the crushed leaves the warts and cover it using a bandage.
- Repeat the process twice daily for faster improvement.
Hopefully one of the natural remedies can assist alleviate the warts. If not, you can seek medical advice.
Warts on Face Removal Cream
Use the salicylic acid directly on the wart each day. The dermatologists recommends this over-the-counter wart remover for treatments of the warts on face. It essentially peels away the layers of the wart until it is removed. Take care in use of the solution to the wart, as it’s vital to keep it off the rest of the skin.
Have the doctor use a cantharidin solution to a wart. Cantharidin is a blistering agent which lifts the wart away from the skin, according to dermatologists. Once they are raised, the dead portions of the wart are removed and another treatment is used to the growth.
Get a prescription for the tretinoin. Though this kind of the medicated cream is used to treat acne, the dermatologists maintain that tretinoin can assist to treat and get rid of facial warts. And much like an over the counter wart remover, it can be used directly to the wart each given day to hinder cellular growth.
Talk to the doctor on cryotherapy. This might not be the appropriate method of the facial wart removal, but the doctor can make the assessment based on location and severity of wart. Using cryotherapy, a liquid nitrogen solution is used to the wart, getting rid of its cells. The dead portions are removed and then another application typically follows.
Try having the warts surgically removed. Surgery is done with a scalpel, since there is less chance of scarring than a laser. In this particular procedure, the facial wart is scooped out of the skin. This method of wart removal is then reserved for very difficult warts.
Pictures of Warts on Face
Best Way to Remove Warts on Face
Wart is an interesting formation. The development of the disease cannot be controlled: it may suddenly go away or not respond to most effective methods of treatment. Thus, it is important to talk about the best way on how get rid of a wart
Cryotherapy or Cold Therapy
To get rid of the skin formation, it is frozen using the cryogenic nitrogen. The temperature of the material used is -191°C.
The specialist uses a wooden stick with a cotton swab in the end to wart for about 30 seconds. As a result, the epithelial cells of the wart are then destroyed, skin inflames and also the local immune system activates.
Wart removal using the cryogenic nitrogen may be both soft and also aggressive. The soft variant causes redness of the defect and also activation of local immunity. The aggressive one leads to the formation of subdermal blister.
About 3 minutes after the completion of the process, the skin that is near the defected zone becomes very pale and also tight. A water blister is then formed around the papilloma. It is able to be cut away together with a wart, or about 3 days later the blister bursts by itself, and the skin restores.
The way does not lead to the severe pain, especially if the wart is smaller. If more skin than the size of formation is then frozen, there may remain a scar.
This kind of wart removal means many procedures. The interval between them is about two weeks. Cryotherapy normally does not leave any scars. Therefore, it can be applied to get rid of facial warts, genital warts, plantar warts as well as the warts on hands.
Electrocoagulation is a methods of warts removal with very high frequency current. This way is very painful, therefore it is conducted under the local anesthesia. The piece of cut skin is then transferred for histological examination. The scab that is formed after the procedure goes away in about a week.
There is a high probability of scars, which is the reason as to why electrocoagulation is not applied to get rid of the plantar warts or warts on face.
Getting rid of papilloma using the laser therapy also needs local anesthesia. After such kind of the procedure, then a small depression of tissue is then formed. It smoothens in a few weeks.
To get rid of the skin defect several types of lasers are used:
- CO2 (carbon-dioxide) laser is applied in treatment of periungual warts that are much resistant to several other methods. Can lead to the pain, prolonged healing as well as scarring;
- YAG (yttrium aluminum garnet laser). It contains a smaller zone of the thermal lesion and also the lower scarring probability. This type of laser is not applied to remove the flat warts on face;
- PDL (pulsed dye laser) makes the procedure to be much painless and rarely leaves any scars. It is much effective only for the flat warts on face removal.
How to Remove Warts on Face Using Garlic
Start by washing of the hands using soap and water, and if you have any breaks in the skin, be sure to bandage them up so as to avoid direct contact with warts on face.
Peel 1 clove of garlic, then cut it in 1 half.
Use the cut side of 1 portion of garlic so as to gently rub the wart – the aim is to coat the entire wart with the natural garlic juices. Do the process for 1 minute or two, then apply the athletic tape to affix the remaining fresh garlic half against the wart – be very sure to do the process with the cut side of the garlic against the warts on face.
You can as well cut and then trim the garlic so that you do not cover the wart, but be very much sure that the portion of garlic that remains is in contact with the wart is a little larger than the wart itself so as to ensure contact if the garlic shifts.
You can as well use the natural garlic treatment to warts on face and corns before going to sleep, then get rid of it during the day so as to allow the skin area to breathe, and then continue to reapply by use of fresh garlic each night.
For small warts on face or corn, the garlic treatment will normally cause a complete cure within 1 week. For larger the warts, you might require to continue using garlic application for about 2 weeks.
Garlic has long been indicated to have the anti-viral, anti-fungal, as well as the anti-bacterial properties. Koreans take large quantities of the garlic through most of their staple dishes, kim chi being the most notable one, and the epidemiologists in that country have long indicated that this partly explains why the people have better-than-average record of immunity against several air-borne diseases.
A research confirms that garlic is very much vital in the treatment for warts on face and also the corns.
- What Causes Warts on the Face: http://www.livestrong.com/article/19494-causes-warts-face/
- Symptoms and causes: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hpv-infection/symptoms-causes/dxc-20199064
- Common warts: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/common-warts/basics/causes/con-20021715
- Warts—10 Ways to Get Rid of Them Naturally: https://www.annmariegianni.com/warts-10-ways-to-get-rid-of-them-naturally/
- Home Remedies for Warts: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/top-10-home-remedies-for-warts.html/3
- How to Remove a Facial Wart: http://www.livestrong.com/article/68793-remove-facial-wart/
- How to Get Rid of Warts Fast: http://noskinproblems.com/how-to-get-rid-of-warts-fast/
- Garlic – A Natural Treatment For Warts and Corns: http://drbenkim.com/garlic-natural-treatment-warts-corns.htm