What is the best skin lightening cream for dark skin marks? Here we discuss the best skin lightening cream for African Americans, dark skin marks, sports reviews and the side effects that is associated with skin lightening creams.
Best Skin Lightening Cream – Reviews
Also called bleaching creams, this best skin lightening cream products work basically by reducing the melanin pigment that is found in the skin. People tend to use lighteners to treat skin conditions such as age spots, acne scars and or discoloration that are related to hormones.
But this lightening creams do come with a lot of risks, ensure that you carefully read the label that come with the package before you apply to the skin.
Melanin is a very important determinant of a person’s skin color, it is produced by special cells that are known as melanocytes. People with dark skin have more content of melanin. But genetic makeup of an individual determines how much melanin you have in your skin. The production of melanin is greatly affected by sunlight exposure, skin damage and exposure to chemicals that affect the production of melanin.
The changes that the skin color undergoes will often resolve themselves, thus tans will fade when the amount of direct exposure to sunlight is reduced.
Skin bleaching is a cosmetic treatment that is aimed at reducing the prominence of the discolorations of the skin. The creams can be bought over the counter and by prescription.
Skin lightener can be applied to the entire body in an effort to change the complexion of the skin, however, this can be too risky. It should be noted with caution that the active ingredient in most of the skin lighteners is mercury and hence the bleaching of the skin can lead to mercury poisoning of the body.
Mercury being a toxic agent can lead to psychiatric, kidney problems and even neurological complications. Pregnant women that use such skin lighteners can expose their unborn child to mercury. The use of mercury as a component in skin lighteners is banned in many countries including the US.
The widely used component in the best skin lightening cream in most countries is hydronoquine. The use of hydronoquine is however regulated with over the counter lighteners being only 2% hydronoquine. Dermatologists are allowed to prescribe the use of hydronoquine to up to 6%. Always ensure to check with the doctor before using any of this products and ensure to follow the doctors’ advice.
Other best skin lightening cream contains the use of steroids and retinoic acid that comes from vitamin A as active ingredients, while some lighteners use natural ingredients such as kojic acid that comes from fungus in plants.
Best over the Counter Skin Lightening Cream
Here are best over the counter creams for skin whitening.
- Resist vitamin C spot treatment; this is a one note best skin lightening cream that is used for spot treatment and is also suitable for any skin type. It contains 25% vitamin C that is applied selectively to lighten the imperfections on the body including the brown spots. The formula in this product can be used to treat spot fine lines in a moment.
This product however, is too potent for those people with rosacea and thus any person who have this condition should ensure to test the product with sample first.
The product is packaged in a tube to protect the formula from air and even light exposure as vitamin C is unstable in open air. The package is also formulated in a non-aqueous silicon base with a thick gel-like texture that aids to function as a spot treatment making the formula more prone to be migrating on the face after the application.
This formula also provides the skin lightening and wrinkle effects due to its high concentration of vitamin C. spot treatment with this formula is faster due to its high concentration of vitamin C as vitamin C can boost the production of collagen from by the skin that can be used to treat and improve the appearance of the wrinkles on the face.
This best skin lightening cream can also be applied at the same time with any other skin lightener you are using whether it contains retinol, niacinamide or vitamin C and depending on the response of the skin, it could be used both at night and daytime.
Ensure to protect the skin with SPF 30+ that has a broad spectrum every day, otherwise the skin lightening and the wrinkle effects will not be felt and the exposure to the sunlight UV rays can negate the benefits that you may have received from such a product.
Due to the concentration of vitamin C, this formula is unique and has to be considered when you are battling stubborn discolorations.
- Renewed Radiance Dark Spot Corrector; this is a good option for the people who are looking for a more even skin tone but such skin cannot tolerate the use of hydronoquine.
This lotion is also fragrance free and is packaged in a pump style container that keeps the ingredients stable when there is air and sunlight.
The inclusion of undecylenoyl phenylalanine which is an ingredient that even research has also shown that it has an impact greatly on the spots and skin discolorations.
It is argued also that the formula also contains the licorice extract that is also anti-inflammatory and that can also have an impact on the production of melanin. The inclusion of caffeine has also elicited debate since there no research that shows its impact on skin brightening up however, it is an anti- oxidant which is a great idea.
- Pro-X Even Skin Tone Spot Fading Treatment; the lotion is light weight and is packaged in a sleek dropper applicator which reinforces its treatment nature. This product has included in its ingredient the use of niacinamide. It has a silky texture and a fragrance free formula that is very suitable for all the skin types. It contains soothing agents and an amount of niacinamide that is likely able to improve the brown spots and also uneven skin tone.
- Lytera Skin Brightening Complex; this takes a cocktail approach to treat the brown spots and any other discolorations that is caused by sun damage. It also contains a good level of niacinamide and stabilized vitamin C which are two ingredients that research has shown that they are able to fight discolorations, the product also contains retinol and licorice root that can be able to whiten discolorations.
The only drawback to this product is the pricing, whereby it is expensively sold on the market. It also contains fragrance and as such, it is not recommended for a sensitive skin
This product also contains anti-oxidants chief among them being vitamin C and E. The producing company however claims the inclusion in the product, however, there is no researched evidence that points to the fact that peptides can have effects on the brown skin.
- Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener; this is a well formulated product for skin lightening that combines the use of 2% hydronoquine with 10% glycolic acid in a base of pH 3.3 thus keeping the hydronoquine stable. It is best advised for normal skin to dry skin when applied all over the face.
This product however, misses a selection of the identical ingredients and more anti-oxidants. Despite that particular shortcoming, it is regarded as one of the better options for the people who want to lighten brown discolorations. Also another setback of the product is inclusion of fragrance that can put the skin at risk of irritation when mixed with other active ingredient.
Best Skin Whitening Cream for African Americans
African Americans skin has more melanin than those in pale complexions, thus with the higher amount of melanin gives them many great benefits. They are mostly a lower risk of getting skin cancer and their skin is not affected by the harmful UV rays of the sun. Their skin is not prone to wrinkles and even fine lines.
But the excessive melanin makes their skin to have patches and the blemishes. There are therefore many tips that African American people can adopt to lighten their skin tone safely.
It is advised that you avoid the use of skin creams that have harmful chemicals. It is argued that illuminatural is the best skin lightening cream that should be used for dark skinned people as it contains natural ingredients that produce safe results. Alpha arbutin and niacinamide are some of the contents that help greatly to lighten your skin. They actively work to inhibit the production of melanin making the skin to glow, they also contains natural exfoliators that works against dark cells. They too have anti-oxidants and the healing anti-inflammatory properties that are good for the skin.
With skin lightening cream for dark spots and skin, it is possible to reduce the appearance of age spots on the body of a black person.
The most important part of removal of age spots is choosing the best cream for the skin. There are lots of options on the market but you need to find a cream that lightens the dark skin without drying it out and this may require trying of different creams to use before you find the perfect one that goes well with your skin type.
Once you have found the best age spot remover cream that is best for your body, then you need to stick to the routine as many of the creams can only work on regular applications. Also remember to follow the instructions on the pack of the cream to make sure that you are gaining the most out of the lightening cream routine.
The topic that involves lightening of the skin among the African Americans has been very controversial.
Full body discolorations is highly discouraged as it is dangerous ad unhealthy cosmetic decision. The tone of the skin of a person is unique to every individual and should be respected as such. Lightening of the skin has also led to serious health risks like cancer.
The increased risk that comes with the use of skin lightening creams has been of major alarm.
Any best skin lightening cream that has ingredients that reduces the production of melanin is not a mild one and continuous usage of such products is never recommended even if it is for spot treatment.
The melanin production is very natural in the method it uses to defend itself against the harmful UV rays from the sun.
Skin Lightening Cream Side Effects
Medical science has proved in studies that certain side effects are found on some people after the use of skin lightening creams, the common skin side effects are;
- Allergic Reactions- some people may get allergic reactions from certain skin lightening pills that they take. Some areas of the body can develop swelling or even rashes. You are advised to stop using the product immediately and contact the doctor.
Ensure to bring the product with you to the doctor along as you visit so as to avoid such a reaction in the future.
- Cancer causing ingredients- the inclusion of an ingredient called hydroquinone in the skin lightening products has made it possible for the products to cause cancer since the ingredient is best known to cause cancer. Due to this, some countries in the world have banned the use of the ingredient due to this reason.
- Disruption of the normal skin functions- some ingredients that are found in the lightening creams are known to interfere with the production of melanin on a person’s skin. While some of the ingredients are known to interfere with the production of hormones level.
- Physical stress to the body- some ingredients that is found in the lightening products may cause such symptoms as insomnia, indigestion and many others.
- Liver damage- constant taking of pills could be very harmful to the body, their type notwithstanding. This is due to the fact that after consumption of numerous skin lightening pills, the liver could be damaged as the organ overworks itself.
How to Select the Best Skin Lightening Cream
Skin lightening is all in the rage nowadays and people are concerned with making their skin look young and vibrant. Dark spots and uneven skin can make you look worn out. Thus it is important to look at the product that is good for your skin as using a wrong skin lightening cream can lead to damage that include mild to severe irritations and even hyperpigmentation of the skin.
To avoid experiencing such an outcome, it is recommended that you find the best skin lightening cream for the specific skin type. There are three different states of skin for an individual;
Dry; this is the state of the skin that lacks moisture and is characterized by dry patches, scaling and also flaking. Go for a formula that is mild and delivers results for a longer period of time. Looking for soothing components like aloe Vera and other moisturizers.
Oily; this skin has high sheen to it that is caused by excess production of excess amount of sebum that accumulates on the surface of the skin giving the skin a glossy and oily look and feel. This type of skin is begging for nourishment, you may want to achieve a fair glow and you may also not want to strip the skin of its fair natural glow
This skin has large pores and is very prone to breakouts.
Normal; this is the perfect blend that describes an excessively dry skin or an oily one.
When it comes to the color of the skin, there are a lot of methods that is used to determine the exact tone of the skin
When choosing a skin lightening cream, you should account for both your skin type as well as the skin tone and if you are not sure which skin you have, ensure to consult with the dermatologist to avoid potentially injuring yourself
Skin Whitening Cream Ingredients
This component is effective in the treatment of skin discolorations. The users have to avoid sunlight as their skin can tan. The use of this component can make one be very sensitive to UVA and UVB rays. It is not the best component for best skin lightening cream
This is the primary topical ingredient that inhibits the production of melanin and it also has antioxidant properties. It comes in 2% and 4% concentrations and in combination with tretinion 0.05% to 0.1%. The combination of the two prevents the sun induced hormone melasma.
This component is also a strong inhibitor in melanin production thus it can prevent the dark skin from making the substance for the skin color. Negative reaction of this component is minor as per the studies. It is the best skin lightening cream component.
Derived from the leaves of bearberry and is also present in most pears. It also has melanin inhibiting properties. Studies have shown efficiency of this component on skin lightening. There are patents that have control over it on skin.
This is a strong skin lightening ingredient that has antioxidant properties. Taking glutathione in large dosage enhances the immune system while at the same time inhibits the production of melanin. Most skin whitening treatments such as skin whitening injection, skin lightening pills and creams utilizes this ingredient.
- How Do Skin Lighteners Work: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/face/skin-lightening-products?page=2
- Skin Lightening Products: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/best-skin-care-products/Skin-Care/Skin-Lightening-Products
- Is There A Natural Skin Lightening Cream For African Americans: https://www.illuminatural6i.com/info/natural-skin-lightening-cream-african-americans/
- Skin Lightening Cream for Black Skin: http://www.skindiscolorationsolutions.org/skin-lightening-cream-for-black-skin/