How to lighten dark underarms fast and overnight and also naturally and permanent. Get insights on the causes, best treatments, products and home remedies.
Dark Armpits Causes
- Shaving; the hair is cut off just below the surface of the skin, if they are slightly darker than the skin color, then they will give your underarms darker appearance
- Buildup of dead skin cells; according to many dermatologists, dark spots that happen to be underarms are due to dead cells that are trapped that needs exfoliation with a product preferably containing lactic acid
- Antiperspirant and deodorant use; some of the ingredients in this products could be reacting with the skin causing discoloration. The darkness goes if you stop using.
- Medical condition known as acanthosis nigricans; this causes light brown to black markings on the underarms resulting to darkening of the underarms
How to Lighten Dark Underarms Naturally
The approved natural ways of how to lighten dark underarms include the following;
- How to lighten dark underarms Trial of a natural bleaching agent; the acidic, antibacterial and the antiseptic properties of vegetables as well as fruits can be able to allow them to lighten skin naturally. Most people prefer the use of potatoes, cucumbers or lemons as the three are able to get rid of the dark skin under the arms.
- Potato- slice thinly a potatoes and rub gently on the dark area or alternatively ,you can grate a potato and release some juice, the juice is applied for 10 minutes and left to dry for at least another few minutes and then rinse.
- Cucumber-just as the procedure with the potato, thinly slice the cucumber and rub the affected area or grate the cucumber and use the juice. You can also go further and add a few drops of lemon juice or even some turmeric that is enough to make a paste to the cucumber juice. Apply gently the paste to the affected area, wait for 30 minutes and wash off.
- Lemon- a thick slice of lemon should be rubbed on the dark affected area. The fruit removes the dead skin cells and consequently lighten the skin. This should be followed by washing and if necessary, apply a little moisturizer. Remember that if you continuously use lemons on the skin, it has the effect of drying out the skin. Also add a small piece of turmeric, plain yogurt or even pure honey to the lemon juice so as to make a paste, apply the paste on the affected area, leave it for about 10 minutes and then rinse clean.
- Egg oil- massage gently an egg oil on the dark area and the oil on the face for a whole night, the omega 3 that is found in the egg causes making of new skin cells in a process known as re-epithelisation that makes the skin smooth and light. Wash the paste on the face in the morning with a pH balanced soap or body wash.
- Moisturize; the most important thing that a person can do in prevention or even treatment of darkened underarm is usually to moisturize the area that has been affected at least twice a day preferably using natural moisturizers like the aloe Vera and lecithin.
- Exfoliation – how to lighten dark underarms using a moisturizer; darkening of underarms can be due to dead skin cells that accumulates at the place and so exfoliation can be able to reduce the darkened appearance of the skin by using the following exfoliators;
- Sugar- a cup of dark brown sugar should be mixed with 2 tablespoon virgin oil. The mixture is then applied to the skin for a few minutes during the shower or bath and then rinsed. You are advised to try using the mixture at least twice a week especially when you bath.
- Baking soda- a thick paste of baking soda is made with water to use for scrubbing, rinse and dry the area. Apply the paste of this baking soda to give your skin a lighter appearance
- Baking soda and rose water- A somewhat thicker paste of baking soda is made with rose water and applied to the underarm, the paste is then washed off with warm water. Dry the arms and repeat the process until you see the lightening of the underarms
- Orange; a peeled orange is put out in the sun to dry. Grind the pilled and dried pill to a powder form and make paste by adding of rose water and also milk. Scrub the paste on the underarms for about 15 minutes to be able to remove the dead cells and also use cold water.
- Pumice stone; remove dead skin cells gently from your underarms by the use of pumice stone. This light weight, volcanic rock is sold in your local drug store and also beauty parlors. Wet the stone thoroughly and rub gently on the body giving special attention to the affected area.
- Try a liquid treatment on how to lighten dark underarms; liquid treatments can be used to lighten underarms and also making the skin softer and fresher.
- Milk- the vitamins and fatty acids makes the milk effective in the lightening of the darkened underarms. A paste of at least three teaspoons of milk, one teaspoon of curd and one teaspoon of flour is made. Apply the paste on the skin paying special attention to the affected and darkened area. Skin is softened and also freed of the dead skin cells and also making the area look lighter. Using full fat milk will give you better results. Regular application is advised.
- Vinegar- this product gives a skin a lighter look that is germ free, sweet smelling, vinegar is mixed with rice flour to form a paste. Take a hot shower and apply the paste to the underarms, let it dry for a few minutes and then rinse with warm water. Repeat the procedure daily
- Coconut oil- the vitamin that is found in the coconut oil helps in darkening of the skin if used for some time. When the process is repeated for several days, a person is able to get better results. Massage the oil onto the skin before bathing for about 15 minutes. Rinse with mild soap and Luke warm water.
- Make a whitening pack- this process is for the period who are willing for a frequent regimen, try a natural whitening pack that is made from gram flour. Mix the flour with yogurt, lemon or a little turmeric forming a thick paste. Apply and leave the paste in place for at least thirty minutes before rinsing the paste with warm water. The whitening paste should be applied daily for two weeks and three times a week to speed up the process of the whitening effect.
- Skip shaving and start waxing; sometimes, darkening of the underarms may be caused by shaving of thick hairs under the arms. How to lighten dark underarms by waxing is advised as it removes the hair at the root leaving the area lighter and the skin is softer.
- Skipping of deodorants; the antiperspirant chemicals are very strong thus causing an inflammatory response of the underarms. For people who may have body odor and others may not need the widely advertised deodorants.
- Check with the doctor; some remedies may not help much in clearing the dark underarms especially for people who are suffering from acanthosis nigricans, which is a skin disorder that causes light brown to black markings in the areas that include the armpits.
- The condition occur due to obesity or the endocrine. It is frequently found to the people who are suffering from diabetes or they have a tendency towards diabetes which is common among people of African descent.
- Other possible causes of the above disorder is the Addison’s disease, growth hormone therapy, hypothyroidism or the use of oral contraceptives.
- Change of diet; if the condition is related to the diabetes, then modify the diet to starches and the sugars may help.
- How to lighten dark underarms Stop taking the pill; if you discover that the use of contraceptives is the source of the condition of darkening of underarms, then you can try to switch to a different form of birth control method to see if the condition improves once you stop the medication.
- Get a prescription; some prescriptions may help like alpha hydroxyacids, the retin-A and the salicylic acid may go a long way but their effects have been found to be minimal;
- The most used ingredient in the skin lighteners is the use of hydronoquine that is regulated by the FDA. Dermatologist are only allowed to write prescriptions that contains the ingredient of only up to 4%. The over the counters can only contain up to 2%. You are strictly advised to consult your doctor before using any product that contains this ingredient.
- Use skin lighteners that are sold only by trusted brands. Although in the US, the use of mercury as an ingredient was banned in the year 1990, some lightening creams that contains the ingredient have been found in the country, though some are manufactured in other countries and sold in the country.
Dark Armpits Home Remedies
- How to lighten dark underarms by Bleaching with lemon; lemon is a very important component when it comes to skin lightening. It is a good bleaching agent. It is also a natural cleanser and an antibacterial properties as well, as anti-septic properties. The acidic properties of lemon help to extensive lighten the skin along with exfoliation of the dead skin cells.
- Taking a little slice of lemon and rubbing to the underarms daily before you go to bath will help. Apply some moisturizer as lemon tends to make skin dry.
- Add a pinch of turmeric in the lemon along with honey and yoghurt to make a paste. Apply this to the dark underarms and leave it for about 15minutes. Now wash off with warm water.
- How to lighten dark underarms by the use potatoes; they are good bleaching agents. It is more so for the ones who have sensitive skin. They have mild acids hence they do not irritate the skin, thus they can be used to whiten the dark underarms.
- A slice of potato taken and rubbed underarms for about 15 minutes before being washed with warm water.
- Alternatively, you can grate the potato and take the juice. Apply the juice to the underarms with the help of fingers or a cotton ball. Leave the juice on the skin for about 15 minutes and then wash off.
- It is advised that you use the potato for at least two times a day for faster and better results that you can expect to see in a week with a lightened skin under your arms.
- How to lighten dark underarms by Use of cucumbers; these vegies also have akin lightening properties and can also with lemon to find greater benefits. The lemon works by bleaching your skin and the cucumber works to sooth your skin avoiding the itching or irritation that might arise.
- Mix the lime juice with juice of cucumber and add a pinch of turmeric on it. Lemon bleaches and removes the dead cells, the cucumber provides that cooling effect and turmeric prevents discoloration of the skin. The process is so easy that it can be repeated daily without any hassle.
- You can as well cut the roundels of cucumber and rub them under the arms with it
- Apply the pure juice of cucumber to the dark underarm. These can be used to lighten the skin especially under the arms in a few days
- Exfoliation of the underarms with natural scrubs; the causes of dark underarms is sometimes the accumulation of dead skin cells, thus you have to gently exfoliate the dead cells under the arms. A soft loofah is enough to give your underarms that are whitened. It is suggested that you use natural scrubs and not the chemical scrubs that are found commercially. This should emphasized especially for those people who sweat a lot. They should exfoliate the underarms more often. However, it should be noted that excessive exfoliation too can cause harm and scarring that can lead to infection of the hair follicles and sweat glands in the armpits. So exfoliate gently and with care. Do not use harsh scrubs and follow the below home remedy recipe;
- Take lemon juice and add some sugar or granulated sugar. Apply the paste on the underarms and leave for 15 minutes, with little fingers rub the underarms gently by feeling the sugar granules. This scrub is useful for the person with a dark underarm due to shaving.
- Take some peanuts and grind them to powder. Take a teaspoon of lemon juice and some honey. Mix them to a paste. Apply this to the underarms. Leave it for 10 minutes ten wash off.
How to Lighten Dark Armpits Fast
- How to lighten dark underarms by the use of baking soda; white baking soda can be able to make the underarms white. Baking soda is able to make excellent scrub for the underarms. Avoid chemically made deodorants and anti perspirants as they are another cause for dark underarms. Baking soda can also prevent body odor. Baking soda is also able to kill germs to give you a clean odor free and lightened underarms.
- Take some baking soda and water. Mix them well to a thick paste. Apply them to the underarms and gently scrub the affected area. Wash off and pat the skin dry.
- Alternatively, mix the baking soda with a little water and just swipe under the arms with this solution
- Orange pills for fruity treatment; this product is also fragrant as it is made with orange peels. Orange belongs to the family of lemon, has a bleaching properties that can be used for lightening of the dark underarms using the below steps;
- Dry the orange peels under the shade, not under direct sunlight
- Grind the peel to ensure that you get its powder
- Take some rose water and milk
- Add the powdered orange peel to the made rose water and milk mixture to get a thick paste
- Apply this to the underarms and gently scrub to the affected area for about 10 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
- This scrub also removes dead cells bleaching the skin and leaving your fragrant due to the effects of rose water and the orange.
- How to lighten dark underarms by use of Saffron Fragrant Remedy; this product is bit expensive but offers a quick remedy for whitening the underarms. This product can also kill germs and the bacteria that causes underarm odor.
- Take some milk
- Take a few strands of saffron and mix them with milk
- Apply to your underarms
- If you leave it on the face overnight and wash off in the morning, you will get better results
- Otherwise, let the mixture for about 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- Use of oils; oils are beneficial for the body including whitening of the underarm skin. There are various types that can be used;
Coconut oil; this has general goodness for the skin. It contains vitamin E hence lightening of the skin. It also makes the skin soft and smooth. However many people do not like its smell
Vitamin E; doctors recommend the use of this oil for skin treatments. This oil makes your underarms lighter and also makes the skin soft and smooth. Just rub a little oil daily for a few minutes and then wash off. This ensures that you do not waste this oil that is expensive.
- How To Get Rid of Dark Armpits: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Dark-Armpits
- 13 Proven Remedies for Whitening Dark Underarms: http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/remedies-for-whitening-dark-underarms.html
- How To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms Fast: http://naturalbeautytips.co/how-to-get-rid-of-dark-underarms-fast/
- The top 5 causes of darkened armpits: http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/12/the-top-5-causes-of-darkened-armpits/