Get insights on skin lightening surgery before and after treatment procedures, cost (price), side effects and pictures.
What is Skin Lightening Surgery
Skin lightening surgery is an option to using of expensive whitening creams that lightens the skin. Most dark skinned people desire to achieve a lighter skin tone, thus they use a lot of money to invest on skin care products or to doctors.
Though majority of the skin care products on the market such as skin lightening creams,can offer results but such results are short-lived. The same applies to skin lightening home remedies which are temporal.
Nowadays procedures that include chemical peels and skin lightening surgery are being introduced that promises a more permanent solution.
Skin lightening surgery is a cosmetic treatment that usually involves restructuring of some skin tissues to lighten the skin and provide a more even skin tone. This process is done by reducing the production and concentration of melanin in the body. In some procedures, laser is used and is very beneficial especially if you have dark spots. Though this process and procedure is effective, you should be very cautious in using this treatment as it may cause dark patches if not properly administered.
Skin lightening surgery uses a variety of methods and peeling has been considered to be the most common. Tretinion is applied to the skin to make it mature faster and then surgeons can easily peel off the skin
Recovery time after the skin lightening surgery is usually between 14 and 21 days. During this recovery time, you may feel like you have sun burn. Redness, swelling and bruising are just some of the side effects. Redness may also be seen after three weeks but this easily be camouflaged by make up until it finally fades after three months.
Permanent skin whitening surgery is recommended for each of the below skin pigmentation effects;
- Imperfections that is caused by melanin
- Dark spots that is brought about by photo aging
- Dark spots or facial blemishes due to excessive pigmentation.
Skin Lightening Surgery Procedures
After you decide to push through with your decision to have a permanent skin lightening, follow the recommendations that are listed below;
- Visit a dermatologist; ensure to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to be able to discuss that plans you have with him. If you have skin tone picture in the mind, then carry a picture of such an individual that depicts such a skin tone as it will give him an idea of the intended achievements. Pay a keen attention on the advice that you will be given by the dermatologist in finding out the best options for skin lightening surgery
- Consult a plastic surgeon; if this option has been advised by the dermatologist as one of the best options, then you can head to a plastic surgeon. Also feel free to share a picture of the intended skin tone to the surgeon to show him a visual example of the expected results. Also listen to his advice making sure to ask for any alternative options to skin lightening surgery. Also you can ask on the cost of the procedure.
- Decide on an option; after meeting both the dermatologist and the plastic surgeon,, you can now settle on the best method that you will have settled on. And if such an option is skin bleaching surgery. Be reminded that the services of plastic surgery are much more expensive as compared to services of a dermatologist. But the decision lies with you.
- Plan for recovery; the recovery time that is expected depends greatly on the method and procedure that you chose. A laser treatment or chemical peel may take several weeks before you recover fully, but a permanent skin lightening surgery might require a longer period of time for recovery, thus you need to make arrangements before you push through with the procedure
- Use maintenance products; after this procedure, you will be required to use certain products that are helpful in healing and maintenance. Thus it will be prudent that you keenly follow the doctor’s advice. If you are in need of making a few changes, then ensure to inform the doctor of such changes not trying to deviate from what you were given earlier. This helps in preventing of further complications.
- Apply sunscreen every day; after the skin lightening surgery it is recommended that you apply a sun block daily. This protects your skin from sunburn and prevention of the skin from getting darker, choose a sunscreen that is comfortably worn under your make-up.
Some people are willing to bleach their skin or even undergo plastic surgery so as to enhance their natural beauty.
There are thousands of whitening agents and lightening treatment options that are available and choosing one may be overwhelming. Certain treatments are more intense and thus you should be prepared for consequences.
The skin lightening surgery is very painful and costly and thus ensure that you are prepared both emotionally and psychologically.
Read up the topic as much and talk to others who may have undergone the same procedure. With good preparation, the outcome will be good.
There are a number of factors that you should interrogate yourself before you allow yourself to be subjected to the process of skin lightening surgery including, finding out the necessary procedures that are used for the skin lightening procedures, what methods will they use for the procedure, if the process has pain and also the side effects of the procedure and lastly finding out if you will afford the cost of treatment.
When all this factors are achieved, then you can continue to select the clinic or the doctor that you trust.
The laser beams is the most common method that most doctors use in reduction of the concentration of melanin on the skin. At the end of this treatments, you will have a lighter skin
Laser surgery involves a little irritation that can make you feel uncomfortable. After the doctor work, you will be prescribed creams to apply on your skin to maintain it during treatment. It is advisable to take care during these procedures to make the method effective and successful. Do not risk by avoiding the advice given by the dermatologist such as avoiding direct sunlight few days after skin surgery.
Skin Lightening Surgery Cost (Price)
Skin lightening surgery is a depigmentation process that lightens the dark skin. There are so many ways of achieving skin lightening and whitening. But if you want results that are more permanently,, then you can go for full body skin whitening plastic surgery.
There are various costs that are associated with this surgery depending on the area that you might want to lighten. There are four main areas that most people usually lighten and all have different costs.
Full body skin lightening surgery, arms and legs skin lightening surgery, face freckle removal with laser treatment and finally the dark armpit whitening surgery.
This kind of surgery is very expensive and not every person is able to afford such services and the minimum local skin lightening surgery may cost you $500.
Remember also that after care procedures are equally very expensive as well as taking care of the side effects that might accrue from the procedure. The insurance that covers that procedures is also required.
You will also have clinic visits and the doctor may determine the level of melanin that you have and how much of it that can be reduced to be able to get a lighter skin. The laser beam may also be used to reduce the level of melanin. You can then decide on the kind of skin tone that you want. It also determines the level of melanin that you want. You may find uncomfortable after the procedure
How much this skin lightening surgery costs depends on the clinic that you have decided to visit. The price can be expensive but negotiable as different clinics are in different areas.
The technology of the clinic that you are visiting also determines the pricing of the skin lightening surgery as clinics with modern equipment that are special provide best results hence are very expensive. The clinics that have qualified dermatologists offers good service and skills. Such a facility have higher cost for the skin lightening procedure than others
Skin Whitening Surgery before and After
People with dark skins have increased amount of melanin before a surgery.
Most of the skin-whitening treatments, which can diminish or block some amount of melanin production, target inhibition of tyrosinase.
Majority of treatments make use of mixtures of gels or topical lotions comprising of melanin-inhibiting ingredients along with a sunscreen, and a prescription retinoid.
Based on the skin’s response to these treatments, exfoliating agents – either in the form of chemical peels or topical cosmetic agents – and lasers may be used
Particular areas of abnormally high pigmentation like birthmarks and mole may be depigmented to match the skin around that area.
Skin Lightening Surgery Treatment
Ablative and other non-ablative lasers can have a huge effect on the melisma. But the outcomes may be inconsistent. It can result to increased or even reduced pigmentation, individuals with dark complexion may pose problems with laser treatment.
The laser releases high energy light directed towards the affected region thus destroying the unwanted skin cells that then permits the skin to generate new cells that replaces the old ones. In q-switch mode, the laser usually generates two wavelengths that are very useful in addressing skin lesions.
The laser beams penetrates deeply in the skin without harming the uppermost layer of the skin thus stimulating production of collagen and other vital proteins that are very useful for a younger and healthy skin.
Apart from lightening of the skin tone, the laser procedure also helps in improving complexion that results in smoother and fairer skin.
Skin lightening is a cosmetic dermatological skin lightening surgery that uses chemical agents in lightening of the skin. The conditions of the skin like, age spots, liver spots can also be managed using this procedure. The treatment may also be beneficial to disorders like vitiligo, melisma where the functioning of the pigment of the skin is either hyperactive or impaired.
Remember that skin lightening is beyond skin color but also skin tone.
There are several different reasons for skin whitening. People are trying to reduce the effects that are due to dark pigmentation of their skin, some people prefer a light complexion than others. This surgery method reduces the amount of melanin on the skin. The dermatologists usually uses a chemical substance in the process or reducing the melanin deposits on the skin so as to achieve the correct skin light tone.
Skin lightening surgery for Africans who are very dark skinned may be complicated since it might nit result to a very light skin tone due to their thick layer of melanin under their skin. Bleaching creams and soap is not very effective as compared to surgery treatment.
Full Body Skin Lightening Surgery
Laser skin surfacing or laser peel makes use of concentrated beams to remove either unwanted or skin that is damaged.
This technologies are used in treating skin conditions that include fine lines. The treatment uses a laser beam to remove the upper layer of the skin (the epidermis), while heating the underlying dermis, to stimulate the growth of new skin cells.
While laser whitening is used to effectively treat acne and to lighten dark spots, the more aggressive treatments will sometimes lead to “post inflammatory hyperpigmentation” (dark pigmentation) in the areas treated. This is more common in people with darker skin tones
While some whitening treatments take weeks to show results, laser skin resurfacing is fast and improvements can be seen straight away. After treatment your skin will appear brighter and softer immediately and will progressively improve as it heals over 3-6 months. This is particularly true with ablative techniques where you may only require 1-2 treatments to remove dark spots and improve your skin’s appearance. Non-ablative treatments can take a little longer and may require 1-5 treatments.
Cosmetic Skin Lightening Surgery
This procedure has been one of the most widely sought in the world. The process is though tedious for a skin lightening effect.
Topical agents that range from skin lightening creams are still being used. The skin peeling has one of the secret weapons of many dermatologists as it gives instant glow and smoothness of the skin though not total skin lightening for the whole body in a longer period of time.
There has been many studies that were carried out to find out the effects of many whitening injections. The clinical studies about the molecules in the master anti-oxidant of the body especially in protecting the liver.
The body produces a good amount of antioxidants to protect itself from time to time. The birth and discovery of oral antioxidant led to skin lightening supplement.
Most of the lightening injections should be administered by a registered doctor and should be once after every three days. If you want to be white, then you should avoid the sun.
Some of the benefits that are associated with antioxidants are;
- Removal of dark spots
- Prevention of pimples, blemishes and also pigmentations
- Whitening of the skin
- Antiaging and anti-wrinkles
- Making of a supple skin, smooth, fresh and also vibrant
- Treatment of the skin ulceration
- Enhancement of wound healing
- Nourishing of the skin
Skin Lightening Surgery Side Effects
Just like any other cosmetic procedures, there are several side effects that come with skin lightening surgery treatment
- While the modern laser technology is used in assisting the appearance of skin blemishes and dark spots, there are several side effects that you should be aware. It is common for patients to experience prolonged redness and also swelling of the skin after this treatment and may also cause skin blistering, scarring, scabbing and other infections.
Laser disrupts the structure of the cells beneath the skin surface, it can potentially damage the cells that produce melanin. In some cases this can cause either increased melanin production that will darken the skin (hyperpigmentation) or, in rare cases, a lightening of the skin (hypopigmentation) in some places
- With more aggressive skin lightening surgery, the skin may become raw or blister and ooze from the treated areas thus forming a crust that can lead to crusting.
- The skin may become very sensitive to sunlight after this laser treatment thus it is relevant that you minimize sun exposure and ensure to use sunscreen lotion every day.
- Skin Lightening & Skin Whitening Treatment – Should you get it: http://www.rinkykapoor.com/skin-lightening-skin-whitening-treatment-mumbai/
- Laser Skin Lightening: 11 Side Effects to Watch Out For: https://www.illuminatural6i.com/info/laser-skin-lightening/
- Five Things Everyone Should Know About Skin Bleaching: http://www.thedermatologygroup.com/blog/index.php/five-things-everyone-should-know-about-skin-bleaching/
- Skin Lightening Surgery – Cost, Procedures, before and After, Treatment, Side Effects, Pictures: http://www.medicineffects.com/skin/skin-lightening-surgery-cost-procedure-before-after-side-effects-pictures/