Does baking soda lighten skin? Get more insights on baking soda for skin lightening in underarms, in Hindi, Urdu and how to bleach.
Baking Soda for Skin Whitening
A lot people are affected by type of unwanted skin darkening brought about by a range of reasons, like chafing, sun exposure, scars, acne, skin irritations, skin allergies, rashes, genetics, etc.
But it does not have to cost a lot of requirements to fix the problem, baking soda is an excellent remedy for treatment of uneven skin, while also brightening the skin. Baking soda also acts as an exfoliator, skin – brightener, teeth whitener, etc. It is considered as a natural, most effective and cost affordable solution for skin whitening.
Baking Soda for skin lightening, a sodium bicarbonate, is a naturally occurring substance that is present in all living things–it helps living things maintain the pH balance necessary for life. Baking Soda is made from soda ash, also known as sodium carbonate.
The soda ash is obtained in one of two ways: it can be manufactured by passing carbon dioxide and ammonia through a concentrated solution of sodium chloride (table salt). In our case, it is mined in the form of an ore called trona.
Whether the soda ash is mined or processed, it is dissolved into a solution through which carbon dioxide is bubbled, and sodium bicarbonate precipitates out, forming Pure, Safe and Natural Baking Soda.
It also has various health benefits, and can equally be applied in beauty tricks. If you want to whiten the skin a little you can use the baking soda for skin lightening as a home remedy to achieve the whitening. It is a trick you can apply as given that somebody do not have very sensitive skin, as irritating the skin is not the best to apply the idea.
It is the natural chemical and physical properties of Baking Soda that account for its many safe and effective uses.
How to Bleach your Skin with Baking Soda
Here is how you can use baking soda for skin whitening.
- Lightening and whitening the skin using baking soda is the most effective method. Depending on the sensitivity of the skin you can repeat this process to about 3 or 4 times a week. And once you reach the desired tone you can use the remedy routinely as way of maintenance.
- The first step in lightening the skin that is not sensitive is through using baking soda as an exfoliant. Sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda for skin lightening, is made up of sodium and a pH neutralizer, and with it you can be able to exfoliate dead skin cells and thoroughly prepare the skin. Create a paste with which to gently massage the skin areas you want treated.Repeat the process as so for about 30 seconds and to a maximum of about 2 minutes, then rinse the skin well with warm water.
- The fact that the pH of bicarbonate is neutralizing helps in treatment of acne and blackheads as it does not cause any irritation on the skin. But, you must be very cautious when using baking soda to avoid applying it in the eye area and thus to avoid irritation and affecting of the mucous membranes. Baking soda for skin lightening, when applied to the skin of the face, must be done only at most once in a day and at most three times in a week. But in other parts of the body you need not be very careful with the times of application of the baking soda.
- Exfoliation will also help removal of cellular damage in some patches of darkened skin, but to get a bleaching effect that does not dry and damage the skin, make sure that the skin is not very sensitive, you can also apply the bicarbonate as a mask. The skin will be softer and and the procedure more effective if you mix baking soda with honey. Apply to the skin of the face or any other part of skin surface and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
How to use other ingredients and baking soda for skin whitening.
- Baking soda with water
The fine particles that is found in baking soda helps in removal of the dead skin cells to give an even skin tone.
- Mix baking soda for skin lightening and water in a two parts of baking soda and one part of water ratio.
- Apply this formed paste specifically on the affected skin.
- Massage gently especially in a circular motion then leave on for about 10 minutes.
- Wash off using warm then cold water and dry the skin using a clean piece of cloth.
- Only apply the baking soda paste on the skin for about 3 times a week.
- Note that: Rosewater or buttermilk or almond milk can also be used instead of using normal water.
- You can add 1 drop of any essential oil for a relaxing effect.
- Mix about 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of warm water.
- Wash the affected area and apply the paste.
- Let it dry for about 10 minutes and wash off using warm water then dry the skin.
- Scrub baking soda for skin lightening on the affected skin. Especially if you have oily skin.
- Or you can add some baking soda in your cleanser and use as normal.
- Repeat this process regularly but not exceeding two times a day.
- Baking Soda with Honey
Honey is very important in helping of fight against bacteria, tightening of the skin pores, protecting of the skin from sun damage and moisturizing of the skin. Baking soda exfoliates the skin to reduce redness that is caused by breakouts and thus boosts proper circulation of blood.
- Mix baking soda for skin lightening and honey to make a fine paste.
- Apply this on the affected skin.
- Leave on for about 15 minutes and then wash off using warm water.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of extra – virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Apply specifically on the affected skin and massage gently in circular motion.
- Wash it using warm water after about 10 minutes.
- Apply at most once a week.
- Baking Soda with Oat Flour
Oatmeal and baking soda have makes a grainy texture that is used to exfoliate the skin to remove the dead skin cells and activation of the cells to lighten the skin.
- Stir 1 tablespoon each made of baking soda and water and add 2 tablespoons of oat flour.
- Apply directly on the affected skin.
- Scrub it gently and leave it on for 2 – 3 minutes before washing off.
- Mix 4 – 5 teaspoons of oats, 1 tablespoon of honey and a few drops of water in 2 – 3 teaspoons of baking soda for skin lightening.
- Stir it well and apply on the face and neck or any other appropriate body part.
- Wash after about 10 minutes.
- Baking Soda Detox Bath
This detox bath of baking soda helps the body in elimination of the toxins and providing of all the essential nutrients.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt and 1 cup of baking soda in your bath and stir well.
- Soak yourself for about 30 minutes and wash the skin with normal water.
- You can also add 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Or add 1 oz. of baking soda in the bathtub and soak yourself in it for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat the process regularly.
- Baking Soda with Lemon
Baking soda for skin whitening when mixed with lemon juice has vitamin C that acts as a bleaching agent.
- Mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with at least 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Apply specifically on the affected skin and rub it gently.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes and wash it off using cold water.
- You can also add few drops of olive oil or any essential oil or honey.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of baking soda and lemon juice in 2 teaspoons of warm water.
- Apply with a cotton ball.
- Re-apply regularly.
- Note that: You can replace the lemon juice with no pulp orange juice or grapefruit juice whichever is available.
- Baking Soda with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also applied in exfoliation of the skin from deep layers.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda for skin lightening with 4 tablespoons made up of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this formed paste on the affected skin.
- Leave the paste for 15 minutes and wash it off using warm water followed by cold water.
- Pat dry the skin using clean towel and apply some moisturizer.
- Repeat the process once or twice a week.
- Note: If you have sensitive skin dilute about 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 part tablespoon of water.
- You can add some fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Baking Soda with Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
The citric acid that is found in the lemon juice helps to treating of the fine lines, irregular pigmentation and enlarged pores are also part of the skin problem. Coconut oil is used in prevention of the irritation of skin that is caused by the exfoliation. Tea tree oil has an anti – fungal and antiseptic properties.
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1/8 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 – 4 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this formed paste on the affected skin.
- Leave for a minute or two and then scrub your skin.
- Wash it off and pat dry the skin using clean cloth.
- Repeat the process at least once or twice a week.
- Note: Apply sunscreen before going outside to the sun.
- Baking Soda with Hydrogen Peroxide
This process usually acts as a natural chemical peel that can be able to make your skin radiant. This may cause irritation of the skin and is not suitable for a very sensitive skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for few minutes and wash it off with water.
Tips and Precautions:
- Do a patch test on the skin if you suspect that you have sensitive skin. If it irritates the skin then wash immediately.
- Do not apply around the eye area.
- Do not ever use baking soda for skin lightening on sunburn, bruises, sores or damaged skin as it may cause irritation.
- Begin with a small amount of baking soda and gradually increase the amount of the soda and its frequency over time.
- Always remember that application of a moisturizer is important after applying baking soda.
- Pure baking soda contains salt, so individuals who are on a strict low sodium health regimen will need to apply this for only a few minutes.
- It is advisable to apply a freshly prepared baking soda pack and avoid the use of stayed baking soda.
- Do not over use baking soda as it makes the skin dry.
- Make sure to consult the doctor before using any of these home remedies.
- Extra care needs to be taken when using it on face.
- Drink more water, avoid stress and follow skin care regime also helps in whitening of the skin tone.
Does Baking Soda Make your Skin Lighter
As a gentle household ingredient, baking soda can safely be applied on the face. In addition to curing or getting rid of face acne, you can also use baking soda for back acne.
pH balance is taken to have a smaller part of baking soda acne eradication. Baking soda is amphoteric in nature and can both act as both an acid and a base depending on the existing conditions. This makes it applicable at neutralizing the pH of the skin. PH imbalance on the skin is also a potential factor for acne.
Baking Soda for Skin Whitening Reviews
The benefits of baking soda on skin are surplus;
- Exfoliation: Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water or apple cider vinegar. This is a good mild scrub for the skin, that also helps in tightening skin pores (when used with apple cider vinegar).
- Anti-acne: Bacteria found on the skin need an acidic environment to grow, and thus Baking Soda is alkaline in nature, it disrupts the formation of bacteria on the skin (without disrupting the pH balance of the skin) and helps in eradicating acne. Use in the same way as the Exfoliator above. Leave the mixture on the face for about 10 minutes after exfoliation, and then wash off using warm water.
Baking Soda for Underarm Whitening
Darkened underarm may be caused by things like shaving them regularly causing the skin to darken, te ingredients that are commercially available including perfumes that causes pigmentation of the skin or even acanthosis nigricans medical condition that leads to darkening of the skin.
Using soda scrub the area on regular basis making the skin to lighten. Take some baking soda and add some water. This helps remove the dead skin cells that are accumulated in the underarm thus being the main reason behind the dark underarms.
The baking soda pack is applied to the skin with cool water and applied to the underarm skin instead of using the deodorant.
Baking Soda for Skin Whitening in Urdu
Many people have tried to the power of baking soda to the problem that is associated with acne treatment. This coupled with the ease of use and the cost-effectiveness of this home remedy makes it an attractive alternative for expensive medical treatments.
How Long Does it Take for Baking Soda to Lighten Skin
Baking soda acne treatment is not only thorough in action but is also cheap and used all natural products as opposed to harsh chemical treatment options that are available on the market. You may thus want to try it before moving on to the more expensive prescription treatments.